Monday 10 October 2016

One week on

Needless to say, a week on from saying goodbye I am still thinking about Wiggle all of the time.  He was such a huge part of my life that it doesn't surprise me how much of my mind space he occupies.  I miss him so much, it physically hurts.

The response to losing Wiggle has been overwhelming.  I knew he was special but the lovely messages, cards and flowers have meant so much and I want to thank everyone for their kindness and support at this terribly sad time.  To know that Wiggle touched so many people's hearts makes me very proud to have been his human.

Sofy seems to be doing ok on her own although I'm not sure she fully understands but maybe she does.  I'm so glad she is still her for me to hug when I cry and to be my companion.


Wiggle's tag from his collar is now on my key ring with the others from my past Labbie companions.  He gets to travel everywhere with me now.  


I didn't look for Wiggle - he came to me when he needed me most and whilst I'm not looking for another Labrador, I will foster again in the future.  

For now, I shall enjoy my Silly Sofy:


1 comment:

FerFer1958 said...

Wiggle has such a big personality.
Just remember how much Wiggle's life improved
with you. He ran more on those daily walks with
you than most dogs run in their life.

I have my own problems with one of my cats.
Kiko likes to wake me up by biting on my knees
and ankles. He wants me awake to cuddle and play
with him. :)

I hope time heals little by little or
maybe a new rescue heals you faster.