Wednesday 7 April 2010

Wiggle - Day 657

I was all ready to start blogging when Sofy decided to stretch out, belly up, next to me on the sofa!













Wiggle doesn't care and is now listening to stereo-snoring - Sir H on his bed in the corner and Sofy this side.

Talking of Sofy, she has been doing really well with her lead walks. I've continued to use the Gentle Leader headcollar which has given me more control and to keep Sofy focused on me. We have been able to walk past other dogs and along with treats, Sofy has ignored them and been completely relaxed.

This evening we walked round to the shop and on the way back, followed to kids walking a Labrador and a Retriever. Even though we were walking less than 12ft behind them, Sofy didn't bark or lunge once and was walking along, happily wagging her tail.

In some ways, I think I'm more relaxed, knowing that with the Gentle Leader Sofy can't lunge and as Sofy will focus on me for treats, I am sending positive, relaxed vibes down the lead to Sofy.

Now that the evening's are lighter, we see more dogwalkers than we did a month ago but its all good practise for Sofy and we're all able to enjoy our walks more.

2 comments:

Lucy the Lab said...

Good girl, Sofy, for being so well behaved on your walks! But are you trying to hog the sofa? BOL!
Love, Wiggle's best girl,
Lucy the Lab

FerFer1958 said...

Sofy: timing is everything. stretching at the right moment is a twitter stopper.

well done with your walks Sofy... you trained your Mom to give you treats to stop you from barking to other dogs, when in reality you didn't care about the barking, just the treats. :)