Tuesday 4 August 2009

Wiggle - Day 411

Sir H went to the vets today for a check up and to review his medication. Sir H really hasn't been any more mobile or active since being on the Metacam and Tramadol, so although Malcolm said he thought Sir H looked a bit perkier, he agreed that we should wait before prescribing more drugs.

So, for the time being, Sir H will finish off what was prescribed to him and then I'll monitor him to see whether there's any change. As Malcolm said, Sir H has a very stoic way about him, so its hard to tell whether he's in pain. Obviously I don't want him to be suffering but if I have to resign myself to the fact that Sir H will be more of a stay at home dog, then so be it.

Despite his lack of interest in anything much, Sir H does seem happy enough in himself and will show excitement at meal times and when he's in the mood, he'll come to me for fuss.

Sir H seems quite happy to have a little walk a couple of times a day and then go back to bed when I pop him home and take Wiggle out for a longer walk, so if that makes him happy, that's what we'll do.

1 comment:

Melita (Woof Beginnings) said...

Sir H sounds very much like my old boy Wendy.
Murphy is 12 in December and 2 x 20minute "bimbles" a day seem to suffice for him.
He is on Rimadyl which seems to help with mobility at the moment.
It is sad to see our dogs getting old.
Give Sir H a BIG HUG from me.
I do so love the "oldies".