Sunday 21 January 2018

All About Ziggy

I thought I would go back to the beginning with Ziggy.  He arrived here in the summer, back in August as his owners were unable to take care for him and his medical needs and he had lost a lot of fur due to allergies.

Ziggy was very sore and itchy and desperately needed to see a vet.  Labrador Rescue South East & Central had been contacted and asked to take Ziggy and after he had been assessed the charity kindly agreed to take him on and provide financial support for his medical care.


When I was asked to foster "another Wiggle" I couldn't say no so Ziggy arrived with us and I was shocked to see how bad he was.


Poor Ziggy was worse than Wiggle had been and his skin was so sore and itchy but he was a happy boy and just wanted to be loved.

As soon as we could, he saw the vet and it's been a slow process due to the severity of his skin problems but he's now a lot less itchy and a lot happier!


Ziggy has been having Cytopoint injections each month as well as steroids and Malaseb baths.  He has been seeing our vet regularly and is always excited to go there.

He's a very laid back dog and loves to shred tennis balls, just like Wiggle did.


Ziggy is enjoying new adventures, like going to the pub:


He really is a sweet boy and demands little.  He would love to have some new fur grow, but that might never happen, we shall have to wait and see.

3 comments:

Beccles said...

I've always followed Wiggle's blog and was very sad to read about his loss in October 2016. I lost my LRSEC dog on 20 December the same year who we also miss terribly. So, I was so happy when Ziggy found his way to you and even happier to hear that he's staying. I just thought I'd let you know that even if people don't comment on your posts like me, you still have an audience who love to read them and hear all the Ziggy and Sofy news!

Ray and the Gang said...

Perhaps Ziggy should join the Hair Club and get some hair plugs put in ;)

Mermaidsongs said...

Our Boxer is on Apoquel. Not sure if you can get that but it has really helped with the daily itchiness. Your boy is beautiful!