Sunday 19 June 2016

Happy 8th Gotcha Day Wiggle!

Tomorrow is Wiggle's 8th Gotcha Day - 8 whole years since I first met this sad, itchy, skinny boy:


I had fostered quite a few dogs before Wiggle but none were in such bad physical shape as Wiggle when I went to collect him on 20th June 2008:


Soon though Wiggle started to get better and it didn't take long for me to fall in love with this special boy:


And now, 3 months away from his 14th birthday, I love him even more than I thought possible.  Old age has slowed Wiggle but he still has his cheeky ways and every time he looks at me, he melts my heart: 


Sofy loves him too and takes care of her big brother:


I doubt we will celebrate another Gotcha Day but for me, every day with Wiggle is special.

1 comment:

FerFer1958 said...

he is such a nice boy.
and nobody could take better care of him
than you. I'm sure he will enjoy his
last days in peace and surrounded by
all the love a dog can handle :)