Sunday 29 November 2015

Wiggle - Day 2,735

Recently we were contacted and asked if we would like to trial and review the Panasonic Smart Home system. I didn’t know a lot about the system but said yes as I was curious and a few days later, a box arrived with various items packed inside.  We had a hub, a camera, a smart plug and two sensors.  I’m not the best with gadgets but when I looked at the quick start guide, the instructions were clear and it all looked really easy!

After plugging the hub into power and following the quick set up guide before long I had connected the hub to my wifi,  The camera was connected as soon as I plugged it into power and I plugged a lamp into the smart plug.  All I needed to do after that was download an app to my iPad (and iPhone if I had one!) and we were good to go.

I’ve had the Smart Home system set up for a week now and I think its great!  I can check on the camera any time to see what Wiggle and Sofy are up to, if they are relaxed and sleeping and with the volume control, I can make sure they aren’t barking.  I like that I can see the temperature in the room which is good as I don't have the central heating on during the day and I don't want them being cold.  I can talk through the system, which is especially confusing for Sofy!  

I always thought that Wiggle and Sofy sleep a lot and with the Smart Home system, I know that they do!


Wiggle likes to follow any sun puddles round the room while Sofy spends most of her time in the armchair.





It's reassuring to know that they are both relaxed and calm while I'm not there and with the Smart Plug I can switch on a lamp when it start to get dark later in the afternoon.  I've been listening in on them but needless to say, with all the sleeping going on, there's not a lot to hear!

1 comment:

Milo and Jet said...

What a pawesome idea :) Milo & Jet