Wednesday 11 September 2019

Ziggy the Support Dog

We’ve not had the best couple of weeks as sadly my father’s health deteriorated and he passed away on Friday.  Throughout all the visits back and forth to Grandyma’s and the care home, Ziggy has been an absolute star, letting me sit and hug him for ages, licking away my tears and being a comfort to me in his own Baldy way.  He definitely picks up on my emotions and knows when I need looking after and he has been doing his best to take care of me and that makes me love him all the more


In happier news, it’s not long now until Labfest – the annual fundraiser for Labrador Rescue South East & Central.  It is on Sunday 22nd September at West Wittering Parish Hall, Townsend Rd, Wittering, Peterborough PE8 6BD


We will be there and looking forward to seeing lots of Lovely Labbie’s and other breeds too.  It will be Ziggy’s first Dogs Party so he will no doubt he more silly than usual when we get there and he realises it’s all about the dogs!  If you can, do come along and support LRSE&C who are a wonderful charity and take such good care of Ziggy’s health needs.

2 comments:

FerFer1958 said...

Ziggy is doing amazing.
Every human needs a dog (or cat in my case).

Aimee said...

Thinking of you. Ziggy is a legend - animals know far more than we can begin to imagine I'm sure. Miss my feline girl Sorbet every day - she was just like this so knowing and such a comfort to me on darker days. I hope Ziggy continues to be your bright light as Sorbet was mine. Sending so much love xxxx